Getting enough quality sleep is essential for your health and wellbeing. We all know that we feel more alert and refreshed after a restful night.
Some practices for sleep
– Body Scan
– 3-2-1 practice – 3 good things that happened to you this week, 2 things you are grateful for and 1 thing you like about yourself.
4-7-8 breathing technique (“Relaxing Breath”)
– Breath practice
– Go with The Flow meditation
Some Yoga postures to help with your wind down
– Supported Fish
– Spinal Twist
– Legs Up the Wall
Go With the Flow Meditation
Allow your breath to flow like a river. As you inhale, imagine a river. As you exhale, let your breath flow with the river. Your thoughts are like the rocks, but the river does not attach to them. It keeps flowing. There is no need to attach to your thoughts. Just go with the flow. Take five or more river breaths
Poor sleep for more than a few nights can really take its toll on your emotional well-being. Here are some tips to help give you the best chance of sleeping better.
1. Establish a sleep routine by getting up and going to sleep at a set time.
2. Get outside.
3. Turn off your electronics and limit your news intake.
4. Eat well and exercise.
5. Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake.
6. Reduce light before sleep.
7. Practice winding down (having a bath, reading a book or meditating.
9. If you are still up after a half-hour and just lying there, consider getting up and doing a quiet activity: Reading a book, writing in a journal or colouring in colouring book.
10) REMEMBER…….There’s not a lot that can be solved at 4:00 AM!